Running Workshop - Sunday 18 April 2021
To run well, you need two things: an efficient technique, and a strong body. This practical workshop is delivered half on the field to identify issues with your technique, and half in the gym to show you how to strengthen for pain relief and endurance.
Sun 18th April 2021
Dolphins Fitness and Aquatic Centre
Klingner Road, Redcliffe 4020
Scroll down for more details.
- Runners who tend to get niggles or injuries from running - hip, knee, ankle, or low back pain.
- Runners who enjoy running but find improving their time a struggle - feeling heavy or sluggish.
- Runners who want to gain a better understanding of how to run well, improve their time or distance and recover from/prevent injury.
- How to expend less energy while running (running mechanics).
- Typical running faults that reduce your running economy.
- Strength training for runners.
- Recovery techniques.
- Programming for speed and distance.
- Three hour seminar designed with personal feedback and advice as key features throughout.
- Small group with time to practice new skills.
- One month's access to our online training app, housing videos of all the drills and exercises that are taught on the day. Includes strength programming, recovery programming and gait transition sessions.
- A bound handout with all information that's covered during the clinic and more.
- Morning tea provided.
To run well, you need two things: an efficient technique, and a strong body. This workshop is delivered half on the field to identify issues with your running technique (gait), and half in the gym to show you how to strengthen for pain relief and endurance.
During the field session, we break down the components of an ‘ideal’ running gait, and what common faults typically hold back most runners by causing early fatigue and pain in your feet, knees, hips or low back. Then we give you the solutions for overcoming these issues through technique modification, running drills and various programs that allow you to increase your distance, your speed and your comfort.
The second half of the clinic is spent in the gym exploring the various strength exercises that support both endurance and injury rehabilitation. We will show you how to develop power and strength in key areas, without long gym sessions, so you can spend more time outside enjoying your running and getting better results.
And finally, we will give you the skills to self-manage the typical aches and niggles that might be holding you back. It's these skills that keep you going week in, week out, without breaking down and getting frustrated by recurring pain.
The secrets I share in this workshop have allowed me to help countless runners improve their running gait, their times, and relieve them from ongoing pain. Click the button above to secure your spot and I look forward to helping you too!